Let’s work together!
- Our staff is made up of nutrition experts and lactation counselors who can educate your patients to make healthy choices.
- We give your patients free, wholesome food, breastfeeding support, and formula, if needed.
- We check up on the health of your patients and their children every 3 months- supporting them between doctor’s appointments.
- We make referrals to resources outside of WIC like dentists, pediatricians, immunization services, substance abuse counselors, domestic abuse counseling and social services.
Who can use WIC?
- WIC is for income-eligible prenatal women, postpartum women (up to 1 year) and children up to age 5.
- If your patient has TennCare, SNAP or TANF, they automatically qualify.
- Our income requirements are very inclusive; we serve over half of all infants born in the US.
Want to refer a patient?
Within the Nashville area there are: 4 WIC clinics, a WIC Mobile Clinic that visits more than 15 community sites, and a bedside hospital program serving labor and delivery floors in 4 hospitals: St. Thomas Midtown, Centennial, Vanderbilt, and General.
Want to prescribe a specialized formula?
Fill out a Therapeutic Formula Request form. Formula request form
Either provide it to the patient or fax it directly to their clinic of choice.
- Select a formula we offer.
Want to connect with the WIC Clinical Care Liaison?
Need WIC materials in your office? Want to schedule a WIC 101 presentation for a staff meeting? Would you like a WIC representative at an outreach event? Have general questions about WIC? Contact the WIC Clinical Care Liaison!