Get Covered Tennessee
Information about the Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is the nation’s health reform law enacted in March 2010. ACA contains new ways for people to get health insurance. Millions of families will qualify for free or low-cost healthcare insurance. While some provisions of the law have already taken effect, many more provisions will be implemented in the coming years. Initial enrollment began October 1, 2013. We are now in our third enrollment period.
To learn more about how to get enrolled stop by and talk to one of our navigators at the Lentz Public Health Department.
When: EVERY MONDAY and WEDNESDAY during open enrollment
Where: Lentz Public Health Center
For more information about how to get insurance in Tennessee please visit GetCoveredTenn.org or call 1-844-644-5443.
The Marketplace is available on HealthCare.gov and CuidadoDeSalud.gov. Right now, families and small business owners can visit these websites to enroll. A toll-free call center is also available to help answer questions 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 1-800-318-2596. There are representatives who can answer questions about the Marketplace in 150 languages.
Important dates for 2016 enrollment
- November 1, 2015: Open Enrollment started — first day you can enroll in a 2016 insurance plan through the Health Insurance Marketplace. Coverage can start as soon as January 1, 2016.
- December 15, 2015: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start January 1, 2016
- January 1, 2016: 2016 coverage starts for those who enroll or change plans by December 15.
- January 15, 2016: Last day to enroll in or change plans for new coverage to start February 1, 2016
- January 31, 2016: 2016 Open Enrollment ends. Enrollments or changes between January 16 and January 31 take effect March 1, 2016.
If you don’t enroll in a 2016 health insurance plan by January 31, 2016, you can’t enroll in a health insurance plan for 2016 unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.