Cigarette Butts Clean Up
Did you know that cigarette butts are not biodegradable, and they are the most littered item on the planet? It can take a cigarette butt between 8 months to 10 years to disintegrate in the soil. Be a Youth Volunteer for cigarette butts clean up days.
To host or participate in a cigarette butts clean up across the county, contact us at 615-340-5334 or email email@example.com for more information.
Youth Tobacco Retail Assessment
The goal of the Youth Tobacco Retail Assessment is to raise awareness among youth about how Big Tobacco’s marketing, product, and promotions saturate retail stores in most communities.
- Train youth 8th-12th grade to become Youth Tobacco Retail Assessors.
- Complete tobacco assessments of retailers in their community.
- Collect data.
- Use data to educate public, policymakers, and our youth about deceptive marketing tactics that are used by the tobacco industry.
TNSTRONG (Tennessee Stop Tobacco and Revolutionize Our New Generation)
TNSTRONG (Tennessee Stop Tobacco and Revolutionize Our New Generation) is a youth-led, statewide movement committed to raising awareness of the dangers of tobacco and fighting against the tobacco industry’s influence on Tennessee youth. The Teen Ambassadors will engage in local and statewide activism, educate their peers on tobacco-related issues, and inspire/motivate others to start taking action.
How to Become an Ambassador
- Be a rising 9th to 12th grader.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 and maintain the average throughout the term.
- Complete a TNSTRONG written application, a video, and a letter of recommendation or a tobacco-related creative project.
Learn more about Tennessee Stop Tobacco and Revolutionize Our New Generation.
Want to become an ambassador? For more information, contact us at 615-340-5334 or email TobaccoPrevention@nashville.gov.
Take Down Tobacco Day
The Take Down Tobacco National Day of Action is a day of activism where communities across the globe rally to push for the first tobacco-free generation. The Take Down Tobacco program is a 365 day a year effort that culminates every March with the Take Down Tobacco National Day of Action.
Take Down Tobacco