Historical Commission Employment Opportunities
For full-time job announcements please visit Metro’s Employment Center.
Historic Zoning Intern
The Metropolitan Historic Zoning Commission (MHZC) is seeking an intern to assist with administrative duties associated with historic zoning. The MHZC reviews applications to create new historic overlay districts and reviews and approves preservation permits in historic and conservation districts for new construction, alterations, additions, repair and demolition. The MHZC is a partner of the Metropolitan Historical Commission (MHC).
This position is open to graduate and undergraduate students. Ideal candidate should be available for a minimum of eight hours a week for the current semester sometime between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. There is an opportunity to extend this internship into the next semester. This is a non-paying position.
- Scan photographs
- Research and assist with writing staff recommendations
- Review applications
- Assist property owners with rehab, maintenance, and design review questions
- Review construction projects in progress
- Assist with the administration of historic zoning commission public hearings
- Intern may participate in additional projects based on their interest and studies
If interested, please send resume to Robin Zeigler.