Opportunity NOW defines ‘Community Members’ as parents, educators, faith based organizations, neighborhood and community liaisons, and other leaders that interact with youth. Here are a few ways community members can get young people involved with Opportunity NOW:
- Host an ‘Opportunity NOW Portal’ event
- Help youth apply for jobs on the Opportunity NOW portal
- Work on building their resume
- Host job readiness training
- Discuss and develop soft skills necessary to maintain employment
If you would like to host an event to help young people with the Opportunity NOW initiative, contact OpportunityNOW@Nashville.gov to receive resources and materials from an Opportunity NOW staff person.
Updated Portal Feature for Community Members
The Opportunity NOW portal now allows Community Members to view the youth experience through a designated account. Our Guest Instructional Guide will walk you through this new feature.