Door-to-Door Solicitor Center
Welcome to the Solicitor Center
All commercial solicitors wishing to conduct door-to-door residential sales in Nashville and Davidson County must obtain a permit and ID badge issued by the Metropolitan Clerk’s Office. Solicitation permits and ID badges are not required for religious and charitable organizations as defined in Metro Code Section 6.64.
Commercial door-to-door solicitors and sales are also prohibited at any address in Nashville and Davidson County if they are registered on Metro’s No Solicitation List or if a no solicitation or no trespassing sign is posted.
No Solicitation List
Solicitation Permit and ID Badge holders must check the No Solicitation List and refrain from soliciting at addresses on this list. This list is updated frequently and Solicitation Permit and ID Badge holders should check this list on a regular basis to ensure no soliciting at these addresses as required.
How to Obtain a Solicitation Permit
A company must obtain a solicitation permit prior to or at the same time as the company’s individual sales representatives begin the process to obtain a solicitation ID badge. Company permits are good for two years.
The company permit application must include:
- $50 for the company permit payable by cash, cashier’s check, or company check (not personal check);
- A listing of employees authorized by the company to obtain a solicitation ID badge on the company’s behalf to engage in door-to-door solicitation *;
- Brief explanation of the solicitation activity including types of goods, wares, merchandise to be offered and brochure (if applicable); and
- A valid business tax license issued by the Davidson County Clerk.
- If the company is a foreign corporation or employee of such corporation, the Clerk’s Office also requires the name, address, and telephone number of a company agent residing in TN.
Completed company solicitation permit applications with all the information listed above may be submitted with completed ID badge applications for the company’s door-to-door sales representatives at the same time.
* A listing of employees authorized by the company to obtain a solicitation ID badge on the company’s behalf to engage in door-to-door solicitation can be updated at any time with the Metro Clerk’s Office. Individuals requesting a solicitation ID badge must be on the company’s list or provide written authorization on the company’s letterhead.
Download Application for Company Solicitation Permit
How to Obtain an ID Badge for Door-to-Door Solicitation Representatives
A company permit must be approved and current before an authorized individual representing the company can be issued a door-to-door solicitation ID badge. If the individual is both the company and authorized employee, the individual must complete both the company permit application and the solicitation ID badge.
ID badge applications may be submitted with company solicitation permit applications with all required information at the same time or any time during the company’s permit period.
There is a two-step process for all individual door-to-door sales representatives requesting a solicitation ID badge.
Step One: Bring completed ID Badge application to the Metro Clerk’s Office.
The following items will be required for the individual door-to-door sales representative requesting the solicitation ID badge:
- Individual Solicitation Identification Badge Application
- Inquiries Background Check Information Sheet, Inquiries Credit Card Authorization form, and Inquiries Applicant Release and Authorization form
- Copy of driver license or other photo ID for individual
This information must be provided or the application will not be complete.
A national background check will be conducted by Inquiries Inc. The applicant will be asked information in order to conduct the background check. The results of the background check may not be returned to the Metro Clerk's Office for several business days.
The cost of the background check will vary according to the applicant’s criminal records. The background check can only be paid with a credit card or check card directly to Inquiries, Inc. The fee for the background check is non-refundable. The applicant cannot provide his/her own criminal history.
Once the Clerk’s Office receives the criminal history from Inquiries Inc., and the applicant clears the criminal history background requirement, an appointment will be scheduled to obtain the solicitation ID badge.
Download ID Badge Application and Inquiries, Inc. Background Check forms
Step Two: Issuance of Solicitation ID Badge
If approved, the Metro Clerk’s Office will contact the authorized employee and schedule a time to come in for his/her solicitation ID badge. The cost of the solicitation ID badge is $20 and payable by cash, cashier’s check, or company check (not personal check) at time of ID badge issuance.
A picture of the applicant will be taken in the Metro Clerk’s Office in order to prepare the solicitor ID badge.
Reminders for Soliciting Companies and Individual Solicitors:
- The fee to Inquiries, Inc. is paid directly to Inquiries, Inc. via credit card or check card and is non-refundable.
- A solicitor must submit to a background check by Inquiries, Inc. through the Metro Clerk’s Office.
- It is the duty of the solicitor to continually check the “no knock list” in order to comply with the Metro Code.
- A solicitor must conspicuously display his or her identification badge on the front of his/her person at all times while engaged in the act of soliciting.
- A police officer or citizen has the right to ask a solicitor to see their ID badge.
- A solicitor must report a stolen or lost ID badge to the Metro Clerk’s Office.
- A solicitor must return an ID badge which has expired to the Metro Clerk’s Office.
- The Metro Clerk’s Office shall have ten business days to issue an ID badge from the day that the individual’s completed application is received and the credit card is approved by Inquiries, Inc.