THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY
David Briley, Mayor
Subject: Community Behavioral Health and Wellness Advisory Council
I, David Briley, Mayor of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by virtue of the power and authority vested in me, do hereby find, direct and order the following:
I. The Metropolitan Government of Nashville has an interest in protecting, promoting and sustaining the behavioral health and wellbeing of all people across the lifespan.
II. Behavioral health and wellness is a priority for our city to address in a systematic and collaborative manner.
III. There is hereby created and established for the Metropolitan Government a Community Behavioral Health and Wellness Advisory Council (“Advisory Council”).
A. Responsibility and Authority
The Advisory Council shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Mayor and is charged with the following goals and responsibilities:
- Identifying, reviewing, and promoting community behavioral health priorities, and determining best practice goals and strategies for lessening the impact of mental illness and addiction on the people of Nashville.
- Advancing the prioritization of making Nashville a safe, stable, and nurturing community with a behavioral health system that supports prevention, awareness, recovery and resilience, and prioritizes equitable access to holistic, comprehensive and affordable care.
- Promoting collaboration among Metropolitan Government departments and non-governmental partners to address the priorities of the Advisory Council.
- Developing and implementing bylaws for Advisory Council operations.
- Serving as a resource to the Metropolitan Government, including providing data and recommendations to inform changes to systems, policies, practice and budgeting related to community behavioral health issues and priorities.
- Forming and amplifying the work of appropriate sub-committees as-needed to advance the work of the Advisory Council.
- Disseminating its findings broadly through reports and community engagement strategies.
The Advisory Council shall be composed of a minimum of ten (10) and a maximum of twenty-one (21) members appointed by the Mayor.
- Candidates to fill vacancies in the Council membership shall be nominated by the Advisory Council and recommended to the Mayor.
- Nominations must be based on a recruitment plan developed by the Advisory Council. Membership shall be diverse and reflective of the demographics of Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County.
- Co-Chairs, one governmental and one non-governmental, will be selected by the Advisory Council membership.
- The Advisory Council may elect such additional officers as it finds necessary and appropriate.
- A quorum for approving decisions made by the Advisory Council shall consist of a majority of the currently filled positions on the Advisory Council.
- Members of the Advisory Council shall serve without compensation.
C. Terms and Meetings
- Advisory Council members shall serve for a term of three (3) years, and shall continue to serve as members until such time as they are reappointed or their successors are appointed.
- The Advisory Council shall conduct their meetings in accordance with their bylaws.
The Metropolitan Public Health Department shall provide staff support for the Advisory Council.
ORDERED, EFFECTIVE AND ISSUED:
Metropolitan County Mayor
Date: May 4, 2018