An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from AR2a to SP zoning for properties located at 6397 Pettus Road and Pettus Road (unnumbered), approximately 1,130 feet east of Nolensville Pike to permit 145 single family lots (49 acres), all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2017SP-087-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from AR2a to SP zoning for properties located at 6397 Pettus Road and Pettus Road (unnumbered), approximately 1,130 feet east of Nolensville Pike to permit 145 single family lots (49 acres), being Property Parcel Nos. 053, 123 as designated on Map 181-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be on Map 181 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to 145 single-family lot
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The requirements for parking established in Section 17.20.030 of the Metro Zoning Ordinance shall be met for all uses with the Final SP.
2. All corner units shall address both street frontages by including a wrapped porch or other architectural element that addresses each frontage, or a minimum of 15 percent glazing on the side of the unit.
3. Maximum height shall be measured to the highest point of the roof.
4. Comply with all conditions and requirements of Metro agencies.
5. All lots shall have a minimum lot area of 4,000 square feet.
6. Sidewalks and grass strips consistent with the Major and Collector Street plan shall be provided along Pettus Road property frontage.
7. The use category in the development summary shall be corrected to 145 single-family lots.
8. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
9. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RS5 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedJune 5, 2018
Passed First ReadingJune 5, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (7-0) on 05/10/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forJuly 3, 2018
Passed Second ReadingJuly 3, 2018
Deferred to August 21, 2018July 17, 2018
DeferredAugust 21, 2018
Passed Third ReadingSeptember 4, 2018
ApprovedSeptember 5, 2018
EffectiveSeptember 7, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 01/11/2019 11:57 AM