An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by amending from CL, CS, OL and RM15 to SP zoning on properties located at 201, 205, 305 Summit View Drive and Summit View Drive (unnumbered), west of the terminus of Fox Ridge Drive, within a Planned Unit Development Overlay District (24.69 acres), to permit a mixed use development, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2018SP-036-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from CL, CS, OL and RM15 to SP zoning on properties located at 201, 205, 305 Summit View Drive and Summit View Drive (unnumbered), west of the terminus of Fox Ridge Drive, within a Planned Unit Development Overlay District (24.69 acres), to permit a mixed use development being Property Parcel Nos. 183, 229 as designated on Map 160-00 and parcel 138, 160 on Map 170 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be on Map 160 and 170 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 562,000 square feet of mixed uses, as specified on the plan and including up to 35 multi-family residential units within that square footage. The 91,300 square feet of existing office use shall remain for a total of 653,300 square feet for all uses.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The southern access to Summit View Place shall be gated and limited to emergency access vehicles only.
2. The applicant will work with staff on the final design of the proposed spire with the final site plan. Signage is not allowed on the spire.
3. The developer shall work with staff at Final SP to provide a final private street design that incorporates a combination of paved and planted areas.
4. Submit a detailed grading plan and geotechnical study with the submittal of the final site plan for review and approval by staff. Grading plan shall minimize disturbance of existing slopes and shall minimize the use of retaining walls.
5. A ten-foot wide sidewalk and four-foot wide planting strip, consistent with the requirements of the Major and Collector Street Plan shall be provided along Old Hickory Boulevard for the full property frontage.
6. At Final SP for each phase the applicant shall be required to provide an exact breakdown of the square feet for each use so that parking and other requirements can be accurately reviewed.
7. Elevations for all building types consistent with the bulk and architectural standards in the Preliminary SP shall be provided with the submittal of the Final Site plan for each phase for review and approval by staff. Individual building types shall be designed in a manner to work with existing topography and minimize grading.
8. Comply with all conditions of Public Works and Traffic and Parking.
9. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the MUL-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council approved plan.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedJune 5, 2018
Passed First ReadingJune 5, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions and disapproved without all conditions (6-0-1) on 05/10/18
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee - Approved
Public Hearing Scheduled forJuly 3, 2018
Passed Second ReadingJuly 3, 2018
Passed Third ReadingJuly 17, 2018
ApprovedJuly 18, 2018
EffectiveJuly 20, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 07/26/2018 7:07 AM