An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from R10 to SP zoning for properties located at 1516 and 1518 Royal Street, 1518 B Royal Crest Avenue and Royal Street (unnumbered), at the corner of Royal Street and Worth Street, (1.63 acres), to permit 17 multi-family units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2017SP-093-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from R10 to SP zoning for properties located at 1516 and 1518 Royal Street, 1518 B Royal Crest Avenue and Royal Street (unnumbered), at the corner of Royal Street and Worth Street, (1.63 acres), to permit 17 multi-family units, being Property Parcel Nos. 040, 041, 042 as designated on Map 051-10 and Property Parcel Nos. 900, 001, 002 on Map 051-10-Hof the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the attached sketch, which is attached to and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 051 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 17 multi-family residential units.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The requirements for parking established in Section 17.20.030 of the Metro Zoning Ordinance shall be met for all uses with the Final SP.
2. The corner units shall address both Royal Street and Worth Street by including a wrapped porch or other architectural element that addresses the Stevenson Street frontage, or a minimum of 15 percent glazing on the side of the unit.
3. Comply with all conditions of Public Works.
4. Requesting this rezoning may affect the provision of affordable or workforce housing units in rental projects involving five or more rental units on site, as set forth in Ordinance Nos. BL 2016-133, and BL2016-342, which authorizes Metro grants to offset the provision of affordable or workforce housing units.
5. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
6. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM15-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedJanuary 2, 2018
Passed First ReadingJanuary 2, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission – Approved with conditions, disapproved without (10-0) on 12/14/2017; Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forFebruary 6, 2018
Passed Second ReadingFebruary 6, 2018
Passed Third Reading-
Next ConsiderationFebruary 20, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 02/07/2018 12:38 PM