Substitute Bill BL2018-1399
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from AR2a to SP zoning on property located at 1488 and 1492 Bell Road, approximately 820 feet East of Brook View Estate Drive (6.72 acres), all of which is described herein. (Proposal No. 2018Z-092PR-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from AR2a to SP zoning on property located at 1488 and 1492 Bell Road, approximately 820 feet East of Brook View Estate Drive, (6.72 acres), being Property Parcel No. 113.01 and 152 as designated on Map 162-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the attached sketch, which is attached to and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 162 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to uses permitted by CS zoning district except Alternative Financial Services; Automobile Repair; Automobile Sales, New; Automobile Sales, Used; and Automobile Service.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded, or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Uses within this SP shall be limited to All Uses permitted by CS zoning districts with the following excluded uses: Alternative Financial Services, Automobile Repair; Automobile Sales, New; Automobile Sales, Used; and Automobile Service.
2. The requirements for parking established in Section 17.20.030 of the Metro Zoning Ordinance shall be met for all uses with the Final SP.
3. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
4. Public water and sewer construction plans, if required, must be submitted and approved prior to Final SP approval. A water and sewer availability request shall be made prior to Final SP submittal with required capacity fees paid prior to Final Site Plan/SP approval.
5. Any development on the site will comply to the standards and regulations of Metro Stormwater and the Tennessee Department of the Environment and Conservation with specific emphasis on stormwater control and water quality, and the required operating permits.
6. The Specific Plan process is a multi-step process. If the Preliminary SP is approved, there are additional steps required prior to issuance of a building permit. These steps include: final site plan and building permit review. The final site plan is submitted through the normal Planning Commission review process. For building permit review, when applying for a building permit you must submit 3 copies of the building permit set and $250 directly to the Planning front counter for processing.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, that a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by the Planning Commission and Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering, or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, that for any development standards, regulations and requirements not specifically shown on the SP plan and/or included as a condition of Commission or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the CS zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedNovember 6, 2018
Passed First ReadingNovember 6, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission - Disapproved (6-1) on 10/11/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forDecember 4, 2018
Passed Second ReadingDecember 4, 2018
Substitute IntroducedDecember 18, 2018
Passed Third ReadingDecember 18, 2018 - Roll Call Vote
ApprovedDecember 19, 2018
EffectiveDecember 21, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 01/11/2019 12:20 PM