An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by amending a Specific Plan on properties located at 7860 Learning Lane and 8236 Collins Road, at the northeast corner of Learning Lane and Collins Road, zoned SP and within the Highway 100 Urban Design Overlay District (1.76 acres), to permit a self-service storage facility, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2009SP-001-002).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By amending a Specific Plan on properties located at 7860 Learning Lane and 8236 Collins Road, at the northeast corner of Learning Lane and Collins Road, zoned SP and within the Highway 100 Urban Design Overlay District (1.76 acres), to permit a self-service storage facility, requested by Thomas and Hutton, being Property Parcel Nos. 090, 091 as designated on Map 155 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Property Parcel Nos. 090, 091 as designated on Map 155 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a self-service storage facility.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The requirements for parking established in Section 17.20.030 of the Metro Zoning Ordinance shall be met for all uses with the Final SP.
2 All development shall meet the standards of the River Trace/Highway 100 Urban Design Overlay.
3. Fences located along the side and rear property boundaries shall be limited to a maximum height of 8 feet. Fences located between the building the any street shall be limited to a maximum height of four feet and shall be a minimum of 30 percent transparent.
4. A minimum 10 foot, type “C” landscape buffer with a six foot opaque wall shall be provided along the eastern and northern property boundary.
5. Heights are limited to 3 stories in 39 feet, as measured to the highest point on the roof.
6. All signage shall be compliant with the signage standards of the River Trace/Highway 100 Urban Design Overlay.
7. Comply with all conditions of Public Works.
8. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
9. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the MUL-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedJuly 3, 2018
Passed First Reading-
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions, disapproved without (7-0) on 06/14/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forAugust 7, 2018
Passed Second ReadingAugust 7, 2018
Passed Third ReadingAugust 21, 2018
ApprovedAugust 22, 2018
EffectiveAugust 24, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 08/24/2018 10:46 AM