An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from AR2a to SP zoning on properties located at 3720 Pin Hook Road and Pin Hook Road (unnumbered), approximately 410 feet east of Hobson Pike (11.28 acres), to permit 41 single-family lots, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2018SP-044-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from AR2a to SP zoning on properties located at 3720 Pin Hook Road and Pin Hook Road (unnumbered), approximately 410 feet east of Hobson Pike (11.28 acres), to permit 41 single-family lots, being Property Parcel Nos. 092, 233 as designated on Map 164-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the attached sketch, which is attached to and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 164 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to 41 single-family residential lots. Short Term Rental Property (STRP) – Owner Occupied and Short Term Rental Property (STRP) – Non-Owner Occupied uses shall not be permitted.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Sidewalks with a minimum width of 8 feet and a grass strip with a minimum width of 6 feet shall be installed along site frontage on Pinhook Road.
2. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
3. The final site plan shall label all internal alleys as “Private Driveways”. A note shall be added to the final site plan that the driveways shall be maintained by the Homeowner’s Association.
4. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
5. This property shall not be eligible for short-term rental property (STRP) permits under Chapter 17.16 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws. Short Term Rental Property (STRP) – Owner Occupied and Short Term Rental Property (STRP) – Non-Owner Occupied uses shall be prohibited.
6. The minimum setback from the street shall be 30 feet from the edge of the right-of-way.
7. Primary façade materials shall be limited to brick, stone, and/or fiber cement siding.
8. The developer shall be responsible for the construction of a sidewalk from Proposed Road ‘A’ within the development to the terminus of Maritime Port through the parcel located at 2034 Hobson Pike (Parcel ID: 16400030900), owned by the Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County. The developer shall work with Metro Nashville Public Works Department and the Nashville Fire Department to ensure the sidewalk is constructed to the appropriate Metro standards and does not obstruct any future connection between Proposed Road ‘A’ and Maritime Port or any fire station operations.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RS10 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedMay 21, 2019
Passed First ReadingMay 21, 2019
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions, disapproved without all conditions (8-0) on 09/13/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forJuly 2, 2019
Deferred to July 16, 2019July 2, 2019
Passed Second ReadingJuly 16, 2019
Amended and Passed Third ReadingAugust 6, 2019
ApprovedAugust 7, 2019
EffectiveAugust 9, 2019
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 08/12/2019 12:34 PM