An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by amending a Specific Plan on various properties located on Scovel Street and 10th Avenue North, at the northwest corner of Scovel Street and 10th Avenue North, zoned R6-A and SP and within the Phillips-Jackson Street Redevelopment District (1.21 acres), to permit an additional 4 multi-family residential units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2017SP-006-003).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By amending a Specific Plan on various properties located on Scovel Street and 10th Ave N, at the northwest corner of Scovel Street and 10th Avenue North, zoned SP and within the Phillips-Jackson Street Redevelopment District (1.21 acres), to permit an additional 4 multi-family residential units, being Various Property Parcel Nos. as designated on Map 081-16 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the attached sketch, which is attached to and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 081 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 30 multi-family units.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Comply with all conditions of Council Bill BL2017-632
2. Final elevations consistent with conceptual elevations shall be submitted for review and approval with the final site plan submittal.
3. Requesting this rezoning may affect the provision of affordable or workforce housing units in rental projects involving five or more rental units on site, as set forth in Ordinance Nos. BL 2016-133, and BL2016-342, which authorizes Metro grants to offset the provision of affordable or workforce housing units.
4. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
5. The final site plan shall label all internal driveways as “Private Driveways”. A note shall be added to the final site plan that the driveways shall be maintained by the Homeowner’s Association.
6. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM20-A zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedFebruary 6, 2018
Passed First ReadingFebruary 6, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions, disapproved without (8-0) on 01/11/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forMarch 6, 2018
Passed Second ReadingMarch 6, 2018
Passed Third ReadingMarch 20, 2018
ApprovedMarch 21, 2018
EffectiveMarch 23, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 03/23/2018 2:00 PM