Bill BL2018-1272 (as amended)
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by amending a Specific Plan on properties located at 6444 and 6438 Pettus Road and on a portion of properties located at 6424 and 6434 Pettus Road, at the northeast corner of Nolensville Pike and Pettus Road, zoned SP (5.65 acres), to permit the modification of layout and access points, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2018SP-012-002).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By amending a Specific Plan on properties located at 6444 and 6438 Pettus Road and on a portion of properties located at 6424 and 6434 Pettus Road, at the northeast corner of Nolensville Pike and Pettus Road, zoned SP (5.65 acres), to permit the modification of layout and access points, being Property Parcel Nos. 084, 127 and part pf parcels 082, 083 as designated on Map 181 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein..
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Property Parcel Nos. 084, 127 and part pf parcels 082, 083 as designated on Map 181 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 38,000 square feet of a combination of the following uses: financial institution; grocery store; personal care services; personal instruction; restaurant, fast-food; restaurant, full service; restaurant, take-out; and retail (excluding automobile sales, used or automobile service).
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. All other conditions of Council Ordinance BL2018-1085, as amended, shall apply.
2. Comply with all conditions of Metro Public Works and Traffic and Parking.
3. Per Public Works: Remove the Right in only driveway on Pettus (OR) submit construction plans for a median installation on Pettus Road, for approximately 300' from the proposed stop bar, to restrict any other vehicular movements at this driveway.
4. All requirements of the Metro Zoning Ordinance for parking and landscaping shall be met with the final site plan.
5. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
6. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
7. There shall be no pole signs allowed, and all free standing signs shall be monument type not to exceed seven feet (7’) in height and shall have no interior or exterior illumination between the hours of 12:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. All other signs shall meet the base zoning requirements, and must be approved by the Metro Department of Codes Administration.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the CN zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedJuly 3, 2018
Passed First ReadingJuly 3, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions, disapproved without (8-0) on 06/14/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forAugust 7, 2018
AmendedAugust 7, 2018
Passed Second ReadingAugust 7, 2018
AmendedAugust 21, 2018
Passed Third ReadingAugust 21, 2018
ApprovedAugust 22, 2018
EffectiveAugust 24, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 09/28/2018 3:00 PM