An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from IWD to SP zoning on property located at 40 Rachel Drive, north of the terminus of Rachel Drive (5.59 acres), to permit two hotels, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2018SP-015-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from IWD to SP zoning on property located at 40 Rachel Drive, north of the terminus of Rachel Drive (5.59 acres), to permit two hotels, being Property Parcel No. 165 as designated on Map 107-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the attached sketch, which is attached to and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 107 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to two hotels with up to a total of 225 rooms.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The maximum height of all buildings is limited to 4 stories in 56 feet.
2. A 5 foot sidewalk and a 4 foot planting strip shall be installed along the private drive from Rachel Drive to each phase.
3. Pedestrian connections shall be included from the private drive extending to the parking lot and building
4. Elevations consistent with the approved preliminary SP shall be included with submittal of the final site plan.
5. This approval does not include any signs. There shall be no pole or billboard signs, changeable LED, video signs or similar signs allowing automatic changeable messages. All other signs shall meet the ORI zoning requirements.
6. The requirements for parking established in Section 17.20.030 of the Metro Zoning Ordinance shall be met for all uses with the Final SP.
7. Sidewalks and planting strips consistent with local street standards shall be installed along the Rachel Drive property frontage.
8. Comply with all conditions of Public Works.
9. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
10. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
11. Add the following note to the plan: The final site plan shall depict a minimum 5 foot clear path of travel for pedestrian ways, including public sidewalks, and the location of all existing and proposed obstructions. Prior to the issuance of use and occupancy permits, existing obstructions within the path of travel shall be relocated to provide a minimum of 5 feet of clear access.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the ORI zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedFebruary 6, 2018
Passed First ReadingFebruary 6, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions, disapproved without (8-0) on 01/11/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forMarch 6, 2018
Passed Second ReadingMarch 6, 2018
Passed Third ReadingMarch 20, 2018
ApprovedMarch 21, 2018
EffectiveMarch 23, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 03/23/2018 2:00 PM