An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by amending a Specific Plan on a portion of property located at 1206B 60th Avenue North, 58th Avenue North (unnumbered), 1042, 1044, 1046, 1048, and 1050 Treaty Oaks Drive, approximately 185 feet north of Morrow Road, zoned SP and CS (1.91 acres), to add land to the SP and permit 22 additional multi-family residential units, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2014SP-001-003).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By amending a Specific Plan on a portion of property located at 1206B 60th Avenue North, 58th Avenue North (unnumbered), 1042, 1044, 1046, 1048, and 1050 Treaty Oaks Drive, approximately 185 feet north of Morrow Road, zoned SP and CS (1.91 acres), to add land to the SP and permit 22 additional multi-family residential units, being Property Parcel No. 249 as designated on Map 091-06 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein..
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 091 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 22 multi-family residential units in the amendment area.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Building façades fronting a street or courtyard shall provide a minimum of one principal entrance (doorway) and a minimum of 15% glazing.
2. 58th Avenue North right-of-way shall be abandoned prior to final site plan approval.
3. Comply with all conditions of Metro Public Works and Traffic and Parking.
4. Requesting this rezoning may affect the provision of affordable or workforce housing units in rental projects involving five or more rental units on site, as set forth in Ordinance Nos. BL 2016-133, and BL2016-342, which authorizes Metro grants to offset the provision of affordable or workforce housing units in the amendment area.
5. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
6. The final site plan shall label all internal driveways as “Private Driveways” and label public roads as “Public Road”. A note shall be added to the final site plan that the private driveways shall be maintained by the Homeowner’s Association.
7. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RM15 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedMarch 6, 2018
Passed First ReadingMarch 6, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions, disapproved without (8-0) on 01/25/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forApril 3, 2018
Passed Second Reading-
Passed Third Reading-
Next ConsiderationApril 3, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 03/09/2018 5:23 AM