An ordinance amending Chapter 10.64 of the Metropolitan Code to codify a fee schedule for operational permits issued by the Fire Marshal’s Office.
WHEREAS, Metropolitan Code of Laws Section 10.64.010 provides that the Metropolitan Government has adopted the 2012 International Fire Code; and,
WHEREAS, Section 105 of the International Fire Code authorizes an agency to issue operational permits; and,
WHEREAS, Section 113 of the International Fire Code authorizes an agency to offset the cost of providing inspections and other services by charging fees for the issuance of permits; and,
WHEREAS, it is in the best interest of the Metropolitan Government to codify a fee schedule for the Fire Marshal’s Office.
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Chapter 10.64 of the Metropolitan Code is hereby amended by adding the following new Section 10.64.018:
10.68.018 Fee schedule.
- The Fire Marshal’s Office shall charge the following permit fees:
- Pyrotechnic, Flame Effect, or Fireworks Display Permit -- $175.00 per show.
- Tent(s) Permit -- $25.00.
- Liquefied Petroleum Permit -- $25.00.
- Special Events Permit for events that require fire inspectors to be present at the event as safety officers, as determined by the Fire Marshal -- $50.00 per hour based on the estimated duration of the event.
- Mobile Food Vendor Propane Permit -- $25.00.
- Future modifications to the Fire Marshal’s Office fee schedule shall be approved by a resolution adopted by the Metropolitan Council.
Section 2: That this Ordinance shall take effect from and after its passage, the welfare of the Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedMay 15, 2018
Passed First ReadingMay 15, 2018
Referred toBudget and Finance Committee
Passed Second ReadingJune 5, 2018
Passed Third ReadingJune 19, 2018
ApprovedJune 20, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 07/02/2018 2:21 PM