An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from AR2a to SP zoning on property located at Maxwell Road (unnumbered) and a portion of property located at 4154 Murfreesboro Pike, approximately 615 feet west of Lavergne Couchville Pike, partly within the Murfreesboro Pike Urban Design Overlay (25.2 acres), to permit 68 single-family residential lots and 24 single-family attached residential units all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2018SP-019-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1.That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from AR2a to SP zoning on property located at Maxwell Road (unnumbered) and a portion of property located at 4154 Murfreesboro Pike, approximately 615 feet west of Lavergne Couchville Pike, partly within the Murfreesboro Pike Urban Design Overlay (25.2 acres), to permit 68 single-family residential lots and 24 single-family attached residential units, being Property Parcel Nos. 076, 102 as designated on Map 175 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figureson the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be on Map 175 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to 68 single-family lots and 24 single-family attached units
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The requirements for parking established in Section 17.20.030 of the Metro Zoning Ordinance shall be met for all uses with the Final SP.
2. All corner units shall address both street frontages by including a wrapped porch or other architectural element that addresses each frontage, or a minimum of 15 percent glazing on the side of the unit.
3. Comply with all conditions of Public Works.
4. Add the following note to the corrected set: Ownership for attached units may be divided by a subdivision with a minimum lot size of 2,000 square feet.
5. Requesting this rezoning may affect the provision of affordable or workforce housing units in rental projects involving five or more rental units on site, as set forth in Ordinance Nos. BL 2016-133, and BL2016-342, which authorizes Metro grants to offset the provision of affordable or workforce housing units.
6. Add the following notes to the corrected copy:
• EIFS, vinyl siding and untreated wood shall be prohibited.
• The maximum height of all buildings is limited to 3 stories in 35 feet as measured to the roofline.
7. Elevations consistent with the approved preliminary SP shall be included with submittal of the final site plan.
8. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
9. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RS10 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedApril 3, 2018
Passed First ReadingApril 3, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions, and disapproved without all conditions (7-0) on 03/08/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forMay 1, 2018
Passed Second ReadingMay 1, 2018
Passed Third ReadingMay 15, 2018
ApprovedMay 16, 2018
EffectiveMay 18, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 05/22/2018 11:37 AM