Bill BL2019-1766 (as amended)
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from RS15 to SP zoning for properties located at 5581, 5585, and 5587 S. New Hope Road, approximately 345 feet south of Seven Points Trace, (14.6 acres), to permit 29 two-family lots, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2019SP-051-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from RS15 to SP zoning for properties located at 5581, 5585, and 5587 S New Hope Road, approximately 345 feet south of Seven Points Trace, (14.6 acres), to permit 29 two-family lots, being Property Parcel Nos. 168, 216 as designated on Map 098-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the attached sketch, which is attached to and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 098 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 29 two-family lots. Short Term Rental Property (STRP) – Owner Occupied and Short Term Rental Property (STRP) – Non-Owner Occupied uses shall not be permitted.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Ownership for units may be divided by a Horizontal Property Regime or a subdivision with a minimum lot size of 5,000 square feet.
2. Sidewalks consistent with the requirements of the Major and Collector Street Plan are required along South New Hope Road with the submittal of the Final SP site plan.
3. Elevations shall be submitted with the Final SP site plan.
4. The stub to the north be dedicated as right of way but not constructed and the stub to the south be dedicated as right of way and constructed only to the extent needed for fire access.
5. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
6. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
7. This property shall not be eligible for short-term rental property (STRP) permits under Chapter 17.16 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws. Short Term Rental Property (STRP) – Owner Occupied and Short Term Rental Property (STRP) – Non-Owner Occupied uses shall be prohibited.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the R10 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedJuly 2, 2019
Passed First Reading:July 2, 2019
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forAugust 6, 2019
Passed Second ReadingAugust 6, 2019
Passed Third ReadingAugust 20, 2019
ApprovedAugust 21, 2019
EffectiveAugust 23, 2019
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 08/23/2019 3:14 PM