An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from AR2a to SP zoning on properties located at 3939 and 3947 Pin Hook Road, approximately 880 feet east of Old Hickory Boulevard (14.5 acres), to permit 43 single-family lots, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2018SP-045-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from AR2a to SP zoning on properties located at 3939 and 3947 Pin Hook Road, approximately 880 feet east of Old Hickory Boulevard (14.5 acres), to permit 43 single-family lots, being Property Parcel Nos. 087, 110 as designated on Map 165-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 165 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 43 single-family lots
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. The development shall provide adequate access that meets the requirements of the Fire Marshal’s Office and Department of Public Works.
2. No individual access onto Pin Hook Road shall be permitted except for the existing residence on proposed Lot 1. Access and configuration on Pin Hook Road may change depending on the requirements of the Fire Marshal’s Office and Traffic.
3. With the submittal of the final site plan, provide architectural elevations complying with all architectural standards outlined on the Preliminary SP for review and approval.
4. The final site plan shall depict the required public sidewalks, any required grass strip or frontage zone and the location of all existing and proposed vertical obstructions within the required sidewalk and grass strip or frontage zone. Prior to the issuance of use and occupancy permits, existing vertical obstructions shall be relocated outside of the required sidewalk. Vertical obstructions are only permitted within the required grass strip or frontage zone.
5. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
6. Comply with all conditions of Stormwater, Water Services, and Public Works.
7. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
8. Per Al Thomas (FM), SP plan approved with condition of a minimum NFPA 13D system to be provided in each individual unit/dwelling
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RS5 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedDecember 4, 2018
Passed First ReadingDecember 4, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions, disapproved without all conditions (6-0) on 08/23/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forJanuary 3, 2019
Passed Second ReadingJanuary 3, 2019
DeferredJanuary 15, 2019
Passed Third ReadingFebruary 5, 2019
ApprovedFebruary 6, 2019
EffectiveFebruary 8, 2019
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 02/11/2019 9:12 AM