An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by amending a Specific Plan by removing an assisted living facility and incorporating athletic fields on a portion of property located at 726 Old Hickory Boulevard and for a portion of property located at Boyds Hilltop Drive (unnumbered), at the northwest corner of Old Hickory Boulevard and North Graycroft Avenue, zoned SP (43.19 acres), all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2013SP-046-003).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By amending a Specific Plan by removing an assisted living facility and incorporating athletic fields on a portion of property located at 726 Old Hickory Boulevard and for a portion of property located at Boyds Hilltop Drive (unnumbered), at the northwest corner of Old Hickory Boulevard and North Graycroft Avenue, zoned SP (43.19 acres), being Property Parcel Nos. 019, 044 as designated on Map 042-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein..
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 042 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to the existing religious institution and its associated uses and facilities, and five athletic fields and ancillary facilities.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. Prior to final site plan approval, the 30’ shared access easement for Lots 1 & 2 shall be recorded.
2. All new signage shall comply with the standards of the ON zoning district.
3. All light and glare shall be directed on-site to ensure surrounding properties are not adversely impacted by increases in direct or indirect ambient lighting levels.
4. A snack-bar or concessions stand shall be permitted on the same parcel as the athletic fields. The combined area of the snack-bar and/or concessions stand shall not exceed one thousand five hundred square feet. The snack-bar shall not provide any sit-down food service or alcoholic beverages.
5. Adequate fencing shall be provided to ensure baseballs do not fly into abutting or adjacent properties and streets.
6. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
7. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RS10 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedMarch 6, 2018
Passed First ReadingMarch 6, 2018
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions, disapproved without (7-0) on 02/08/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forApril 3, 2018
Passed Second ReadingApril 3, 2018
Passed Third ReadingApril 17, 2018
ApprovedApril 18, 2018
EffectiveApril 20, 2018
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 04/25/2018 2:13 PM