Bill BL2019-1465 (as amended)
An ordinance to amend Title 17 of the Metropolitan Code of Laws, the Zoning Ordinance of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, by changing from AR2a to SP zoning on property located at 6280 N. New Hope Road, west of the terminus of Landings Way (10.0 acres), to permit 54 single-family lots, all of which is described herein (Proposal No. 2018SP-050-001).
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED BY THE COUNCIL OF THE METROPOLITAN GOVERNMENT OF NASHVILLE AND DAVIDSON COUNTY:
Section 1. That Title 17 of the Code of Laws of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, is hereby amended by changing the Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, which is made a part of Title 17 by reference, as follows:
By changing from AR2a to SP zoning on property located at 6280 N. New Hope Road, west of the terminus of Landings Way (10.0 acres), to permit 54 single-family lots, being Property Parcel No. 011 as designated on Map 087-00 of the Official Property Identification Maps of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, all of which is described by lines, words and figures on the plan that was duly considered by the Metropolitan Planning Commission, and which is on file with the Metropolitan Planning Department and Metropolitan Clerk’s Department and made a part of this ordinance as though copied herein.
Section 2. Be it further enacted, that the Metropolitan Clerk is hereby authorized and directed, upon the enactment and approval of this ordinance, to cause the change to be made on Map 087 of said Official Zoning Map for Metropolitan Nashville and Davidson County, as set out in Section 1 of this ordinance, and to make notation thereon of reference to the date of passage and approval of this amendatory ordinance.
Section 3. Be it further enacted, that the uses of this SP shall be limited to a maximum of 54 single-family lots.
Section 4. Be it further enacted, that the following conditions shall be completed, bonded or satisfied as specifically required:
1. On the corrected copy, add the following note: “No individual access onto Glentree Drive shall be permitted. Vehicular access for Lots 30, 31, 32, and 33 shall be provided from the rear drive only.”
2. On the corrected copy, add pedestrian connections from the front of Lots 30, 31, 32, and 33 to the sidewalks on Glentree Drive.
3. On the corrected copy, remove Note 17.
4. On the corrected copy, modify the note in the Architectural Notes to read: “Building elevations shall be provided with the final site plan.”
5. On the corrected copy, add the following note to the site plan and to the Architectural Notes: “Lots 1, 6, 17, 18, 29, and 30 shall include porches that wrap the corners to address the common open space and N. New Hope Road.” Then remove the existing porch note from the site plan.
6. On the corrected copy, the proposed north/south road shall extend to the southern property line.
7. On the corrected copy, modify the text of the Tree Preservation Note along the western property line: Tree Preservation Easement Note.
8. On the corrected copy, add a note that the lots can be subdivided with a minimum lots size of 2,300 square feet. Modify the minimum lot size in the Development Summary.
9. No setback encroachments shall be permitted.
10. With the submittal of the final site plan, a landscape plan and plant schedule shall be provided to address items a, b, and c below, indicating the size, height, and species of all proposed vegetation. Applicant shall work with staff on landscape details with the final site plan.
a. Additional landscaping, beyond the 5 foot landscape buffer that is currently identified, shall be provided along the western property line, west of the surface parking spaces, to minimize impacts from vehicles to the adjacent Chesney Glen subdivision. The areas west of the perpendicular spaces shall include evergreen vegetation for sufficient screening.
b. Supplemental landscaping, beyond a standard buffer, shall be included in the open space between the corner lots (Lots 1, 6, 17, 18, 29, 30, and 55) and N. New Hope Road.
c. Areas reserved for bioretention and stormwater management shall be designed as an amenity in addition to their other functions, including any stormwater treatment areas located within the common space fronting N. New Hope Road.
11. With the submittal of the final site plan, a tree protection plan shall be provided indicate preservation of trees within common open space and tree preservation easement areas.
12. With the submittal of the final site plan, provide architectural elevations complying with all architectural standards outlined on the Preliminary SP for review and approval.
13. The final site plan shall depict the required public sidewalks, any required grass strip or frontage zone and the location of all existing and proposed vertical obstructions within the required sidewalk and grass strip or frontage zone. Prior to the issuance of use and occupancy permits, existing vertical obstructions shall be relocated outside of the required sidewalk. Vertical obstructions are only permitted within the required grass strip or frontage zone.
14. The Preliminary SP plan is the site plan and associated documents. If applicable, remove all notes and references that indicate that the site plan is illustrative, conceptual, etc.
15. Comply with all conditions of Stormwater, Water Services, and Public Works. The requirements of the Metro Fire Marshal’s Office for emergency vehicle access and adequate water supply for fire protection must be met prior to the issuance of any building permits.
Section 5. Be it further enacted, a corrected copy of the preliminary SP plan incorporating the conditions of approval by Metro Council shall be provided to the Planning Department prior to or with final site plan application.
Section 6. Be it further enacted, minor modifications to the preliminary SP plan may be approved by the Planning Commission or its designee based upon final architectural, engineering or site design and actual site conditions. All modifications shall be consistent with the principles and further the objectives of the approved plan. Modifications shall not be permitted, except through an ordinance approved by Metro Council that increase the permitted density or floor area, add uses not otherwise permitted, eliminate specific conditions or requirements contained in the plan as adopted through this enacting ordinance, or add vehicular access points not currently present or approved.
Section 7. Be it further enacted, if a development standard, not including permitted uses, is absent from the SP plan and/or Council approval, the property shall be subject to the standards, regulations and requirements of the RS5 zoning district as of the date of the applicable request or application. Uses are limited as described in the Council ordinance.
Section 8. Be it further enacted, that this ordinance take effect immediately after its passage and such change be published in a newspaper of general circulation, the welfare of The Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County requiring it.
IntroducedJanuary 3, 2019
Passed First ReadingJanuary 3, 2019
Referred toPlanning Commission - Approved with conditions, disapproved without all conditions (5-3) on 12/13/2018
Planning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
Public Hearing Scheduled forFebruary 5, 2019
AmendedFebruary 5, 2019
Passed Second ReadingFebruary 5, 2019
DeferredFebruary 19, 2019
Re-referred toPlanning, Zoning, and Historical Committee
DeferredMarch 5, 2019
Passed Third ReadingMarch 19, 2019 - Roll Call Vote
ApprovedMarch 25, 2019
EffectiveMarch 29, 2019
Requests for ADA accommodation should be directed to the Metropolitan Clerk at 615-862-6770.
Last Modified: 03/25/2019 11:28 AM