Your Councilmembers always encourage you to participate in the legislative process. We want this to be an equitable opportunity for everyone and, to that end, established the following guidelines:
- You may sign up one (1) time every ninety (90) days. Application information must be true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
- Your registration MUST be received no later than the close of business the Thursday prior to the scheduled second Tuesday meeting.
- Literature/Handouts must be submitted with the Name, Date, Organization Name and presenters physical address affixed to the front of the document. Multimedia presentations (PowerPoint, Audio/Video, Signs, etc.) are prohibited.
- Items must be attached to the application at the time of application submission on Nashville.gov.
- Should your application be submitted incompletely, you will be notified via e-mail. You will be requested to re-submit any missing information by the open of business the Monday prior (day before) the meeting to respond. Failure will automatically forfeit your request to present and you will need to wait ninety (90) days to re-apply.
- Once you are listed as a speaker for a given hearing date, you will be notified via e-mail no later than the close of business the Monday prior (day before) the meeting. If you fail to appear and check in, you will forfeit your opportunity for the next ninety (90) days.
Meeting Night Schedule and Procedure
- Check-in from 5:45 – 6:15 p.m.
- Look for the desk in the mezzanine of the second (2nd) floor of the Metropolitan Historic Courthouse at 1 Public Square, Nashville, TN 37201
- Check-in list will be hand delivered to the Sergeant of Arms promptly at 6:15 p.m.
- Government issued photo ID certifying your Nashville residency is required
- Hearing begins promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- Presiding Officer/Vice Mayor will call speakers to line up at the lectern
- Each participant will be called upon to speak and will have two (2) minutes (timed) with which to present
- Please refrain from making any personal derogatory comments, keep to the issue about which you are speaking
- Please speak strictly about the issue for which you signed up or you will be asked to reschedule in 90 days
- Please stay within the 2-minute time limit