Metro Budget 101 Series
Councilmembers Kyonztè Toombs (Chair) and Delishia Porterfield (Vice-Chair) of the Metro Budget and Finance Committee, will be hosting a virtual Metro Budget 101 Series over the next few months. The sessions, beginning at 6 p.m., will provide transparency and education for the general public concerning Metro Nashville Davidson County's revenues, finances, and the budget process.
Questions from the public may be submitted to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on the day before the session. All questions must be on-topic.
How the City Gets Money
- November 19, 2020 - Property Taxes:
Assessor of Property Vivian Wilhoite, Trustee Erica Gilmore (Join November 19 meeting)
- December 3, 2020 - Sales Taxes: What about Downtown Revenue?
Councilmember At-Large Bob Mendes (Join December 3 meeting)
- December 17, 2020 - City/State Revenue: Finance Director Kevin Crumbo and State Rep. Harold Love
(Join December 17 meeting)
How the City Spends Money
- January 7, 2021 - Metro Nashville Public Schools (Join January 7 meeting)
School Board Member Freda Player-Peters
Chief Operating and Financial Officer Chris Henson
- January 14, 2021 - Metro Public Works and Metro Parks Departments (Join January 14 meeting)
Public Works Interim Director Shanna Whitelaw
Metro Parks Director Monique Odom
- January 21, 2021 - Nashville General Hospital (Join January 21 meeting)
- January 28, 2021 - Public Safety (Metro Nashville Police Department,
Sheriff's Office, District Attorney's Office) (Join January 28 meeting)
Community Panel Discussions
This series of sessions will provide helpful information, and I hope you will participate as we work through this upcoming 2021 budget year. The schedule will be updated as speakers are confirmed.
Members of the public may watch the following meetings live online at stream.nashville.gov, and Metro Nashville and Davidson County residents can view Metro Nashville Network on Comcast channel 3, AT&T U-verse channel 99, Google Fiber channel 3, and streaming on the Metro Nashville Network Roku channel.