Increased Income Guidelines allow more applicants to qualify for help with paying utility bills
Lisa McCrady, 615-566-4710 or email@example.com
Metro Action Utility Payment Assistance Program Began New Application Period October 1
The new application period of the Metropolitan Action Commission’s Energy Assistance program began Thursday. The program provides one-time assistance between October 1, 2020 and September 30, 2021, to income eligible applicants. The assistance covers electricity, natural gas, propane, kerosene or other household energy payments.
The allowable income to qualify was increased by the federal government which means more applicants will be eligible for this assistance. For example, a household of two earning up to $31,191 is now income eligible to receive help. This is an increase of $1,220 from the previous application period. Applicants do not need income to qualify but must be a Davidson County resident and have an active account. The income limit is based on the number of people in the household.
Applicants need the following to apply for help:
- Completed energy assistance application
- A copy of the applicant’s government issued ID (such as a driver’s license, passport, birth certificate or federal or state identification card)
- Copy of the most recent energy bill and the 12-month bill history
- Proof of current income for the past 4 weeks for adults receiving income (payroll check stubs, social security income, DHS award letter, child support, etc).
- Copies of social security cards or verification for all household members
The application which includes the complete listing of allowable income is available on the agency’s webpage (www.nashville.gov/mac) and at the main Metro Action office. Customers may also request an application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call to 615-862-8860.
Metro Action receives LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) funding for Davidson County from the Tennessee Housing Development Agency through a federal pass-through grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
The agency is located in the Clifford Allen Building, located at 800 2nd Avenue North (37201). Parking is available on site. The office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Mask or Face Covering is required to enter the building.