Voter Tips for a Successful May 24 Election Day
Davidson County polling locations will be open from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 24 for the Special Election for Mayor and Council District 1. Davidson County residents who registered by April 24, 2018 are eligible to vote in this election.
Here are some voter tips for a smoother Election Day on May 24:
- Polls will be open 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. The busiest hours are usually early morning and end of day.
- Review the sample ballot, before visiting your assigned polling location.
- Bring your photo ID. Tennessee law requires all voters to present a Federal or Tennessee State government-issued photo ID, unless an exception applies. Voters do not need to show their voter registration card to vote, but it does make it easier for Poll Officials to locate them in the system.
- Know your voting location. There are 160 voting locations across Davidson County, but you must vote at your designated Election Day polling place, found on your voter registration card or at the online Polling Place Finder.
- If you are a registered Davidson County voter who has moved within the county but not updated your voter registration information, you should go to your new voting location where you can change your address and vote. You can identify that location at the online Polling Place Finder.
On Election Day, more than 1,200 Poll Officials and Officers will open and staff 160 voting locations across Davidson County. Their day starts well before the polls open at 7 a.m. and does not end until the last vote is cast and all supplies are returned to the Election Commission office election night.
The sample ballot and other election/voting information can be found at the Davidson County Election Commission website www.nashville.gov/vote.
The Davidson County Election Commission (DCEC) is responsible for providing free and fair elections to every eligible citizen. The Election Commission is regulated by State of Tennessee law and funded by Metro Nashville government. The main office is located at 1417 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville, TN 37217.