Nashville Breastfeeding Coalition and Baby & Co. Host Annual Big Latch On Event to promote Breastfeeding Awareness
Saturday, August 4 from 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Who: The Nashville Breastfeeding Coalition and Baby & Co. will host the annual Big Latch On to promote breastfeeding awareness.
What: The Big Latch On is part of a global event to raise awareness of breastfeeding, encourage the formation of support networks and aims to normalize breastfeeding as a part of daily life. All latches are counted towards a global record. The event takes place worldwide during World Breastfeeding Week (August 1-7).
When: August 4 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Register by 10:00 a.m. to be included in the global latch count at 10:30 a.m.
Where: Baby & Co. 3212 West End Ave. #100 Nashville 37203
Why: The event aims to strengthen national and global support for breastfeeding and to improve the health of children and women around the world.
The Big Latch On aims to protect, promote and support breastfeeding families by:
- Provide support for communities to identify and grow opportunities to provide ongoing breastfeeding support and promotion in local communities.
- Raise awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available locally and globally.
- Help communities positively support breastfeeding in public places.
- Make breastfeeding as normal part of day-to-day life at a local community level.
- Increase support for women who breastfeed - women are supported by their partners, family and their communities.
- Ensure communities have the resources to advocate for coordinated appropriate and accessible breastfeeding support services.
Big Latch On Poster