Sections of several greenways still underwater
Users advised to use caution
Sections of several city greenways are still underwater due to recent flooding. Sections that are still underwater have been barricaded. Users should not, under any circumstance, attempt to cross barricaded and/or flooded areas.
Greenways impacted as of today, March 1 are listed below.
- Stones River Greenway is closed from: (1.) Heartland Bridge to the entrance gate on Stone Hall Road, (2.) Kohl’s Trailhead to the three-way split, (3.) dam entrance to the three-way split. Access points are: 3778 Bell Road; 2330 Jackson Downs Blvd.; 1014 Stones River Rd.; 3135 Heartland Drive; 3114 McGavock Pike; 2320 Two Rivers Pkwy
- Peeler Park Greenway is closed at all trailheads. Trailheads are located at 2271 Neely's Bend Road.; 205 Menees Lane; 2043 Overton Lane
- Shelby Bottoms Greenway is closed from: (1.) the bridge between mile markers 2.0 and 2.25; (2.) the 0.0 to 0.5. About half this loop is underwater. The bridge between the 1.75 and 2.0 markers will open Friday, March 8. Access points are: 1900 Division Street; 2032 Forrest Green Drive.
- Brookmeade Greenway is closed from the trailhead to the overlook. This greenway is located at 7002 Charlotte Pike.
- Cumberland River Greenway at Ted Rhodes Golf Course is closed from the 4 to 4.25 mile marker and the 5 to 5.25 mile marker. Ted Rhodes Golf Course is located at 1901 Ed Temple Blvd. The section of the greenway near downtown is closed from the 1.75 to 2.75 mile marker. Access points are: 170 1st Avenue North; 50 Titans Way; 231 Great Circle Road; 766 Freeland Station Road.
- Whites Creek Greenway in Mullins Park is closed from the 1.25 to 2.5 mile marker. Mullins Park is located at 2801 Tucker Road and 4001 West Hamilton Rd.
Detailed information on greenway locations