Metro Public Health Department Offering Flu Shots at All Three Health Centers
The Metro Public Health Department has received shipment of the seasonal flu vaccine and will begin offering the vaccine at all three Health Department's locations today.
For fastest service, the Health Department encourages making appointments, however, we will see clients on a walk-in basis. Flu shots are available Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. at the following locations. We encourage customers to call the individual clinic (phone numbers listed below) to make an appointment.
East Nashville Public Health Center, 1015 East Trinity Lane, 615-862-7916
Lentz Public Health Center, 2500 Charlotte Avenue, 615-340-5607
Woodbine Public Health Center, 224 Oriel Avenue, 615-862-7940
The fee for flu vaccine is $35.00 for adults with private insurance, and a sliding scale is available if needed. TennCare and Medicare Part B insurance are accepted and fully cover the fee (please remember to bring your Medicare Part B insurance card).
Flu vaccine offers the best protection against influenza. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) officials say it is not too early to get a flu shot. According to CDC, everyone six months of age and older should get a flu vaccine each year.
While everyone should get a flu vaccine each flu season, it's especially important that the following groups get vaccinated either because they are at high risk of having serious flu-related complications or because they live with or care for people at high risk for developing flu-related complications:
- Pregnant women
- People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
- Children younger than 5, but especially children younger than 2 years old
- People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
- Health care workers
- Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
- Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)
For more information about flu shots, please call 615-340-5616 option 8, or visit the Health Department's website at health.nashville.gov.