ACA Health Insurance Marketplace Enrollment Deadline Ends December 15, 2019
The Mayor’s Office is urging all Nashvillians who may be interested in purchasing a health insurance plan through the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplace to take action before the approaching December 15 deadline for coverage beginning January 1, 2020.
In addition to visiting healthcare.gov or calling 800-318-2596, Nashville residents can go to getcoveredtenn.org or call 844-644-5443 to find local help with enrollment.
Get Covered Tennessee counselors are available to consult with interested enrollees at the Lentz Public Health Center, located at 2500 Charlotte Ave. Nashville, TN, 37209, weekdays from 9 to 11 a.m. Get Covered Tennessee is an organization that provides certified counselors that volunteer to assist those seeking to enroll in an ACA marketplace health plan.
The Metro Public Health Department recommends having the following information and items readily available when enrolling:
- Social Security Numbers and/or documents for any applicant with an eligible immigration status
- Paycheck stubs and W-2 forms
- Employer name and phone number
- Insurance information: Employer insurance cost and plan, if offered
- Insurance Information: Private insurance and plan information
- If on Social Security, please bring your award letter and monthly information
- If renewing, please bring the letter from insurance company