Metro Water Services Invites the Public to Apply For the Spring 2020 Citizen’s Water Academy
Deadline to Apply February 18
Metro Water Services (MWS) is inviting the public to apply for its third Citizen’s Water Academy, a five-session program to learn about our most precious natural resource, water, and how MWS manages it from “river to river.”
Through the Academy, MWS hopes to provide a better understanding of this important resource and MWS processes to build a diverse network of leaders who can share their knowledge as ambassadors with their community.
The program includes tours of MWS facilities, informative presentations, interactive demonstrations in the MWS state-of-the-art lab, and the opportunity to interact with MWS staff and other water experts.
The spring program consists of five two-hour sessions:
- Tuesday, March 31; 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. “Imagine a Day Without Water”
- Tuesday, April 7; 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. “Protecting the Environment”
- Tuesday, April 14; 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. “A Sustainable Future”
- Tuesday, April 21; 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. “Protecting Public Health”
- Tuesday, 28; 5:30 p.m.–7:30 p.m. “The Value of Water”
Class size is limited and the selection process is competitive.
To apply, complete the application form available online at wateracademy.nashville.gov. Participants must be able to commit to attend all 5 sessions.
The application deadline is February 18th and MWS will notify participants of acceptance no later than February 24.
If you have questions about the program or application process, contact Sonia Allman at Sonia.firstname.lastname@example.org.