March 15 Morning Update: Metro Nashville Office of Emergency Management Provides Updates on Tornado Recovery Progress
The Nashville Office of Emergency Management announced progress on tornado recovery efforts in neighborhoods impacted by the devastating March 3 tornadoes.
Metro Nashville Public Works
In the immediate aftermath of the tornado, Public Works crews have been focused on coordinating with emergency responders and utility companies to clear the right-of-way, make roads passable, and provide assistance with closing and reopening roads.
While crews are still focused on the efforts above, we are also continuing process of removing curbside debris from affected areas.
March 15, 2020
- 10 MPW trucks and 27 Contractor trucks collecting storm debris from 6:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Trucks will continue circulating throughout affected areas multiple times over the next few days and weeks.
- MPW is encouraging residents to move debris to the curb and leave it there. Instructions for how to separate debris can be found on the Public Works website.
- MPW has 3 Public works employees working at 3 Disaster Assistance Centers.
Clearing Roadways and Alleys
- 116 roads were initially closed as a result of the tornado.
- 114 roads have been reopened.
- 2 roads are still currently closed.
- 60 alleys total were impacted.
- 60 alleys are cleared from debris.
Repairing Traffic Signals
- 72 total traffic signals were damaged, or lacking power
- 72 signals have been restored
Repairing and Replacing Signage
263 stop signs have been repaired or replaced
Household Waste/Trash as of 7 p.m.
Total tons of trash since March 7--104.52
Amount of Debris Hauled as of 7 p.m.
3,710 loads totaling 159,179 cubic yards of debris have been hauled to transfer sites.
NES Updated Numbers
- 18 Outages
- 159 Customers affected
Most of the remaining outages are customers that will need to get a codes release before their services can be energized.
NES Restoration Website: http://poweroutage.nespowerinfo.com/
Disaster Assistance Centers
Numbers will be provided during afternoon update