April 23 Planning Commission Meeting and Public Hearing to be Held Virtually
Update: Planning Staff have provided more information about the remote station below.
In light of the Governor’s order allowing electronic public meetings, the regularly scheduled April 23 Planning Commission meeting will be virtually held. The Department has created a range of opportunities for our community to provide feedback to the Commission that meet the requirements for a public hearing and adhere to recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other federal, state, and local agencies for COVID-19 prevention. Visit our Virtual Public Comment page to send comments before and during the April 23 Planning Commission hearing.
The draft agenda is published to the Meeting Documents page.
Watch the Meeting Live
You can watch the meeting on Thursday April 23, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Central Standard Time broadcast on
- Comcast Channel 3
- Google Fiber Channel 3
- AT&T UVerse Channel 99
- MNN Live Stream
Give Public Comment
The public can send comments to the Planning Commission for the items on the April 23, 2020 meeting in a variety of ways:
- Email your comments by April 21 at 3:00 p.m. to the Planning Commissioners Inbox.
- Call 629-255-1900 and leave a voice message by Tuesday April 21 at 3:00 p.m. Your message will be played at the Commission meeting. Remember to limit your statement to 2 minutes for individuals.
- Call-in Live directly to the meeting. Check this web site the day prior to the meeting (Wednesday, April 22) for more guidance for speaking to the Commission directly.
- Visit the remote station at the Metro Courthouse (1 Courthouse Square) and speak to the Commission via a remote connection (speakerphone). To prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Planning Department strongly urges the public to take advantage of options 1-3.
- No more than 9 members of the public will be allowed into the remote connection room at one time.
- Only one person will give comments at a time.
Also, each person visiting the remote location will be required to do the following:
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart)
- Wear a mask while inside the building, including when making comment
- Complete a questionnaire regarding COVID-19 symptoms and provide contact information should the need arise for contact tracing
Please check the Planning Department webpage frequently for updates