Guidance for Purchases Through Amazon Business
Purchasing Agent and Chief Procurement Officer Michelle Hernandez Lane issued guidance today on future use of Amazon Business for small purchases--those made pursuant to delegated authority and totaling less than $25,000.
Starting on Wednesday, June 3, 2020, there will be one Amazon Business account for Metro Government:
- Any department or agency utilizing Amazon Business to make a purchase must register with and buy through this account.
- No purchase greater than $25,000 will be permitted without the approval of the purchasing agent.
- Please note that departments and agencies are not required to utilize this service.
- On June 3, 2020, Metro users with existing Amazon Business accounts will be invited to the new central hub. This will transfer all data and close the existing account.
- On June 3, 2020, Metro credit card holders will be invited to the new central hub.
- After June 3, 2020, departments/agencies may create other accounts by going to https://business.amazon.com/.
For the division of purchases, this change allows for better monitoring and increased transparency.
For departments and agencies already using Amazon, this streamlines the process, opens access to additional products, allows for business-specific discounts, and gives priority access to items restricted to health and government sectors.
For questions related to Metro, please contact Zak Kelley (email@example.com).
For questions related to Amazon Business, please contact Maddie Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For questions related to your Amazon Business password, please call Amazon Business Customer Service at 888-281-3847.