The mission of the Metro Nashville Office of Emergency Management and the Emergency Management Council is to develop, coordinate, and lead the local emergency management program; enabling effective preparation for and efficient response to emergencies and disasters in order to save lives, reduce property loss, and stop human suffering.
To accomplish this mission, the Nashville Office of Emergency Management and the Emergency Management Council will:
- Develop plans and procedures to ensure the highest level of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.
- Maintain a comprehensive, risk-based, multi-hazard emergency management and training program.
- Coordinate federal, state, and local resources for mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery operations.
The vision of the Metropolitan Nashville Emergency Management Council is to strive to be the most effective multi-agency public/private council for the Nashville Davidson County community at large.
Strategic priorities of the Metro Nashville Emergency Management Council and Nashville Office of Emergency Management are summarized as:
- Preservation of life and property
- Ensure critical services the community depends on are continually provided
- Ensure emergency personnel and stake holders are properly trained and equipped to accomplish their expanded duties during a major emergency or disaster situation.
- Make the most effective use of available funding and resources to reach our mission and accomplish our goals.
- Maintain an acceptable level of service for the community regardless of challenges.
View entire Strategic Plan here