Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan Revision
During 2019, OEM, along with many other agencies and jurisdictions, will be revising the Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan. The following are meeting dates for this plan revision. Please note these dates/times may change, so it is advisable to email Heidi Mariscal at OEM to ensure the meeting is still scheduled as noted here. These meetings are open to the public, however it is advisable to contact Heidi Mariscal at OEM (615-862-8530) to advise her you will be attending for security purposes.
- 3/14, Initial kick-off meeting, 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., Nashville Emergency Operations Center, 2060 15th Ave South
- 4/9, THIRA and Consequence Analysis meeting, 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., Nashville Emergency Operations Center
- 4/17, Public Input session, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m., Midtown Hills Police Precinct Community Room, 1441 12th Ave South
- 5/1, PIO Public Campaign Coordination meeting, 9:30 a.m. - 11 a.m., Nashville Emergency Operations Center
- 5/2, Public Input session, 5 p.m. - 6 p.m., South Police Precinct Community Room, 5101 Harding Place
- 5/16, Plan Review Updates meeting, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m., Nashville Emergency Operations Center
- 6/20, Mid-term Review meeting, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m., Nashville Emergency Operations Center
- 7/18, Draft Plan Review meeting, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m., Nashville Emergency Operations Center
- 8/7, Public Input session, 4 p.m. - 5 p.m., East Police Precinct Community Room, 936 East Trinity Lane
- 8/15, Public Input Review meeting, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m., Nashville Emergency Operations Center
- 9/12, Final Plan Review meeting, 9 a.m. - 11 a.m., Nashville Emergency Operations Center
ICS-300, Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents
This course provides training on use of multiple resources for personnel who require application of the Incident Command System (ICS) during expanding incidents. This course expands upon information covered in the ICS-100 and ICS-200 courses. Registration is required on TEMA's application: TEMA Training Course Application.
Prerequisites: IS-100, 200, 700, 800
- No classes scheduled at this time
ICS-400, Advanced Incident Command System, Command and General Staff, Complex Incidents
This 2 day course provides training on the resources for personnel who require advanced application of the ICS. This course expands upon information covered in ICS-100 through ICS 300 Courses. These earlier courses are prerequisites for ICS-400. ICS-400 explains how major incidents engender special management challenges; describe the circumstances in which an Area Command is established; and describe the circumstances in which multi-agency coordination systems are established. Registration is required on TEMA's application: TEMA Training Course Application.
Prerequisites: IS-100, 200, 700, 800 and ICS-300
- No classes scheduled at this time.
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training
The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training is a FREE program to train citizens from the community who form teams in geographical areas of the county, train together on a regular basis, and work together during large scale disasters to assist their neighborhood and surrounding areas affected.
Citizens in the community are trained on disaster preparedness, how to cut off utilities, put out small fires, administer disaster first aid, safely search for and rescue victims, organize themselves and collect disaster intelligence to support first responder efforts. Volunteers must enroll in an initial 16 hour instructional course that is taught at a convenient location in the community. Once citizens successfully complete the initial 16 hour course, they then continue training with a CERT established. You can either start your own CERT in your area, or you can join one in your area. Visit our CERT page for more information.
Contact Angela Roscoe or Heidi Mariscal to register via email for CERT Training or you can call at 615-862-8530.
- No classes scheduled at this time.
- If you are interested in scheduling a class for your group/community, please let us know.
Disaster Preparedness Presentation
Presentations on how to be prepared for emergency situations, to include but not be limited to: emergency disaster kits, emergency communication plans and much more. These presentations are normally scheduled on a requested basis, but if there is a community wide event, it will be listed here. If you would like to request a presentation/speaker, please visit our Request a Speaker page.