E-Plan Tier II Chemical Reporting
The State of TN has decided to require the use of E-Plan submission program as the primary means for companies operating in TN to comply with Federal chemical inventory reporting requirements.
**As of 2015, the Nashville-Davidson County Office of Emergency Management, and the Nashville Fire Department, do NOT require paper copies of Tier II reports. We request that ALL reports be filed using the online E-Plan program.**
Submit Tier II On-line reports
Questions & Answers
What are the Tier II Filing Requirements for Tennessee?
As of September 1st, 2014 The State of Tennessee will require all facilities operating in Tennessee to electronically file Tier II reports using E-Plan. Facilities are required to provide Tier II information to the following entities:
- The State Emergency Response Commission (SERC) – Electronic submission of the Tier II report with E-Plan will fulfill this requirement. A paper copy is not required.
*As of 2015, the Nashville-Davidson County Office of Emergency Management and the Nashville Fire Department do NOT require paper copies to be submitted. Please file all Tier II reports electronically using E-Plan.*
- The Local Emergency Planning Committee in the county the facility is located. Contact the appropriate LEPC to confirm whether they require a paper copy of the Tier II report.A paper copy of the electronic submission can be printed from E-Plan and supplied to the LEPC to meet this requirement.(Not in Davidson County)
- The local fire department in the county the facility is located. Contact the appropriate fire department to confirm whether they require a copy of the Tier II report. A paper copy of the electronic submission can be printed from E-Plan and supplied to the fire department to meet this requirement. (Not in Davidson County)
Is there a charge for submitting Tier II reports?
E-Plan charges $25.00 per facility to submit a Tier II report. The charge is paid directly to E-Plan, and the State of TN/local government has no additional charges.
When are Tier II reports due?
Tier II reports are due by March 1st of each year.
Who can I contact with technical questions regarding the electronic submission?
The E-Plan website has a contact link for technical support.
Who can I contact with chemical questions, concerns or issues?
The State Emergency Response Commission (SERC) can be contact by phone, email or regular mail at:
- Phone: 615-253-3157 (regular business hours), or 615-741-0001 (for emergencies)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address: SERC, 3041 Sidco Drive, PO Box 41502, Nashville, TN 37204
Who can I contact to request Tier II information on a particular facility?
Requests for Tier II information must be submitted to the State Emergency Response Commission in writing. Each request must include the specific facility name and address. Only the most current year is available to the public. There is a 45 day response window for requests, per federal statute. Requests for Tier II data can be sent via the email or mailing address listed in previous question.
Is there a charge for First Responders to use E-Plan?
There is no charge for approved first responders to have access. Request First Responder access to use E-Plan. There will be a delay before the request is approved due to the verification process.
Where can I get more information on Tier II program?
Contact the TN Emergency Management Agency, phone 615-741-0001