Procedures for Reserving
According to Metro Park Board policy, the Centennial Sportsplex may be rented by individuals or groups for private functions during and outside of normal operating hours. Reserve in person or by email.
- You may reserve up to two months in advance. You must pay in advance to confirm your reservation. In some cases, you pay a deposit.
- Accepted forms of payment: Check, Cash, Credit Card (2.3% credit card convenience fee added)
- Pay in person at the Centennial Sportsplex (cash, check, or credit card) or over the phone (by credit card).
- Make checks payable to Metro Parks.
- Some events require additional fees: use of the pool or aquatics facilities, independent athletic leagues, invitational tournaments, commercial activities, and Park Board approved fundraising activities.
- Some reservations require a certificate of liability insurance coverage of $1 million (minimum).
- Request fundraising event permits at least 60 days in advance for organizations with a permit from the Tennessee Charitable Solicitations Board, educational institutions, organizations with IRS 501(c)(3) status, or candidates for public office.
Complete a Reservation Form and submit. You must submit an application by email so that we can find out whether your date is available. Submitting a reservation application does not confirm booking, Sportsplex staff contact you and, if the space is available, take payment. Once we have your payment, then your booking is officially confirmed and your space is reserved. If you have any questions, call 615-862-8480 ext. 72503 or email Frank.Wright@nashville.gov for ice parties and Carly.Hough@nashville.gov for aquatic parties.