The RENEW Program stands for Recreation centers Endowing Nutrition Education for community Well-being.
Starting in 2017, Metro Parks & Recreation will be providing nutrition and health related education during the youth after-school programs, while also increasing access to meals for our youth and the community. We believe that developing an environment of health consciousness in our youth and their families, with regards to physical activity and nutrition, will influence behavior and wellness, overall reducing rates of hypertension, diabetes, and obesity in our community.
RENEW’s Current Goals
- Implementation of the program in at least 24 community centers across Nashville and Davidson County
- Increase the overall number of healthy meals/snacks served to children
- Provide nutrition literacy to children and families
- Teaching the importance of healthy eating and physical activity
- Create a supportive and healthy eating and activity environment
- Teach the importance of community sustainability
To volunteer or for more information please contact Nethraja Rajaratnam.