Dance Classes at Metro Parks
The Dance Division of the Metropolitan Board of Parks and Recreation currently offers classes in ballet, pointe, Afro-contemporary, creative movement, contemporary modern, international folk dance, Pilates, tai chi, tap and theater jazz. Offered at minimal cost to participants, classes are taught for children, teens, adults, and senior citizens. Tuition scholarships are available through Friends of Metro Dance.
Classes for Children and Teens
- Spring session dates: January 4-April 10, 2021
- Classes do not meet January 18, February 15, or March 13-19, 2021.
- Students must be the minimum age by August 15, 2020 for Winter/Spring 2021 to align with age requirements for Metro Nashville Public Schools.
- We anticipate beginning classes in January online via Zoom if the surge of COVID-19 cases continues through the holidays. Our goal is to move into the studios when it is reasonably safe to do so as cases begin to fall. Strict precautions will be observed based on the most current health and safety protocols.
- Classes will be drop-off only. Parents/Guardians will not be allowed to wait in the lobby during classes.
- For classes with a hybrid option as indicated on the schedule, once we are back in the studios, an online option will be available for students who need to stay home and quarantine. This option is not available for all classes.
- View Dress Code Online
- Register for Dance Classes
Classical Ballet Training
Centennial Tap Program
Other Dance Classes
Classes for Adults
We are currently offering Pilates (online), Tai Chi (online) and
Dance Fit (in person). Schedule subject to change and classes may be
added or canceled according to health and safety guidelines.
- January 4-April 5, 2021
- Class does not meet January 19 or February 15
- Mondays, 4:00-5:00 p.m.
- Tuition: $55
- Hybrid option available.
- Register for Pilates
Tai Chi: Beginning
Tai Chi: Open Level