Warner Park Nature Center Programs and Services
School Field Trips
Inspire curiosity, share discoveries and engage in science. Schedule a Nature Center field trip today!
Registration opens for 2019 spring field trips on:
- December 4, 2018 for all High School field labs
- January 24, 2019 for Metro Nashville Public Schools
- January 29, 2019 for all other schools and groups
Register by calling 615-862-8555 and have the following information ready:
- contact information for the school
- contact information for educator responsible for field trip
- number of students, ages/grade levels and preferred dates (field trips are usually scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday)
Elementary Field Trips
Download the 2018-19 Educator Guide for a complete description of programs offered for elementary students and for registration information.
These field experiences were developed in alignment with the Tennessee Academic Standards for Science and are designed to provide educational experiences where students engage in science practices and apply crosscutting concepts to build on their understanding of science ideas.
High School and College Field Trips
Download the 2018-19 Field Lab Guide for a complete description of programs offered for high school and college level field trips and for registration information.
The field labs for biology, ecology and environmental science students
- Allow students to have direct experiences with organisms and ecological systems
- Provide opportunities to observe natural phenomena and collect data
- Directly link with major science concepts currently being studied in the classroom
High school lab registration opens December 4, 2018, for 2019 winter and spring.
Enjoy the beauty and wonder of the Warner Parks--attend Nature Center public program! Most programs are free and require registration. For more specific program information and to register, check out the Calendar of Events page. The Nature Center will host free programs throughout Metro Nashville Public School Fall Break.
And, of course, call the Nature Center at 615-862-8555 or email us with questions.
In addition to public programming, the Nature Center offers seasonal Homeschool Investigations geared toward K-5th graders. Students engage in science using tools of a naturalist, share discoveries and record findings in field journals. Registration is required for each child in her/his grade level. At this time, these programs are free, and space is limited. Check out the program schedule for all age, family programs that also suit the needs of homeschool groups.
- Wednesday, September 26, 10 a.m.-noon: Butterflies and Plants
- Wednesday, January 30: Winter Homeschool Investigations- coming soon!
- Wednesday, April 3: Spring Homeschool Investigations- coming soon!
At this time, the Nature Center is not offering programs for scout troops. Please direct any questions or comments to the Center.
Become a Junior Naturalist
Do you have the tools to become a naturalist? Pick up a naturalist kit at the Nature Center front desk for $10+tax and explore Warner Park!
Complete the new Junior Naturalist Activity Book and earn a Nature Center patch. From scavenger bingo to creek crawls, challenge your young naturalist to explore a variety of habitats and earn a naturalist badge. Purchase an activity book for only $2 at the Nature Center.
Remember when you had hours of fun simply playing in a sand pit or dirt pile? Your toys were sticks, rocks, and cups. You made mud pies, truck lanes, and deep holes in the sand. You got dirty, but you had the time of your life. The Nature Center wants kids to experience this good, old fashion fun in our Nature Play area.
Designed by Tara Armistead and funded by memorial contributions for her father, Dr. William Crenshaw, this exciting play area includes a cedar wood playhouse, a stone wall in one corner, 2 dirt piles, and a huge sand pit.
Check out a backpack from the Nature Center! Use the packs for exploration at Frist pond, the organic garden or in the forests and fields of Warner Park.
Summer packs include:
- a net
- collection device (for your tadpoles and fish!)
- colored pencils, pencil and paper (for making detailed drawings)
Check out a FREE purple pack today and hit the trail!
The Nature Center has 3 big packs and 2 little packs. Purple packs are available from 9 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. when the Nature Center is open.