Film and Video Permits
Apply Online or Download the Video and Photography Permit and email it to Metro Parks.
Commercial photographers have the option of choosing from two fee structures, a daily rate or an annual fee. The daily rate is $125 for Davidson County professionals or businesses, or $135 for those located out of county. The annual permit is $250 for twelve months. Here’s how it works.
The permit does not allow:
- The annual permit allows for unlimited visits to all Metro parks. Access is limited to those parks and park spaces that are open to the public during normal operating hours. Photographers with this permit are allowed to utilize most greenspace without prior approval.
- Larger commercial shoots may require additional approval & fees, depending on the size and impact.
- photographing individuals, events, or private reservations without the consent of the individual, organizer or reservation holder.
- use of facilities (interior) or reserved area or picnic shelters. If exclusive use or a reservation is needed for a particular facility or location, the photographer will need to go through the normal reservation process, which will include paying the daily rental rate or possibly the greenspace fee for that particular park.
- closure of streets or interference with the use of other park patrons.
- Any extensive set-up on park lawns or greenspace. Prop set-up, stages, and the like would require the rental of greenspace that can be booked and obtained by calling 615-862-8446.
- any damage caused to any park property by the photographer is the responsibility of the photographer and he or she will be charged for the repair.
All materials brought in by permit holders, including trash, must be removed from the park.
Application, Approval, Certificate of Insurance and payment must be received before any permit will be issued.
Make all checks payable/insurance requirements to:
Metropolitan Board of Parks and Recreation
PO Box 196340
Nashville TN 37219-6340
Credit Card Payments can be made by calling the Special Events Division at 615-862-8400.
Applications turned in with less than 48 hours notice may not be granted.
Use of Drones
Metro Parks is not able to permit the use of drones in parks outside of designated flying areas for any purpose, including photography or filming. Metro Ordinances require that no person shall voluntarily bring, land or cause to descent or alight within or upon any park, any airplane, flying machine, balloon, parachute, or other apparatus for aviation (which includes drones). "Voluntarily", in this connection shall mean anything other than a forced landing.