The Dickerson South Corridor Study with McFerrin Park Updates incorporates additional study for a portion on the east side of Dickerson Pike adjacent to McFerrin Park from Grace Street to Meridian Street (updates in red text). Metro Planning Commission removed this portion from the Draft Dickerson South Corridor Study before adoption in June 2019. This summer, planners developed a design scenario and 3D model for the McFerrin Park neighborhood to provide further input.
On Thursday, November 14, 2019 Metro Planning Commission will consider the adoption of the Dickerson South Corridor Study with McFerrin Park Updates. Information will be posted here if the schedule changes. Email comments to Michael Briggs.
About the Planning Study
The Planning Department is working with community members and Councilmembers on updates to community plans, land use policies, and street plans along Dickerson Pike. Public meetings for the Dickerson South Study process, which covers the Dickerson Pike corridor from Spring Street to just north of Trinity Lane, were held in January. The study builds on all of the planning work that has occurred in previous years and brings it all together to discuss a shared, updated vision and priorities to guide anticipated growth and change.
The study updates this area of the East Nashville Community Plan, changes and refines the land use policy, and updates the Major and Collector Street Plan. The Planning Department and Metro Planning Commission will use the study to guide decisions about future development in this area of Dickerson Pike.
The Community Engagement Report details the way the planning team worked with stakeholders including residents, business owners, developers, and property owners.
Additional engagement activities include
- April 11, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. -- Presentation to the Cleveland Park Neighborhood Association
- April 23, 2019 at 4 p.m. -- Steering Committee meeting
- May 7, 2019 at 4 p.m. -- Steering Committee meeting
- May 15, 2019 -- Staff circulates a Preliminary Draft Plan to Steering Committee members for feedback
- May 16, 2019 at 4 p.m. -- Steering Committee meeting
- May, 16, 2019 at 6 p.m. -- Presentation to the Highland Heights Neighborhood Association
- Week of May 27, 2019 -- Public notices arrive for surrounding neighbors with the date/time for the Metro Planning Commission meeting and public hearing
- May 30, 2019 -- Public Hearing Draft posted on website
- June 6, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. -- Presentation to the McFerrin Park Neighborhood Association
- June 13, 2019 at 4 p.m. -- Planning Commission meeting where most of the Dickerson South Study was adopted with the exception of the area bordering McFerrin Park neighborhood
- June 18, 2019 -- Presentation to the Pages Branch Neighborhood Association, which borders the Dickerson Road South and Dickerson Road North study areas
- September 5, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. – Presentation of updated design scenario and 3D model to the McFerrin Park Neighborhood Association
- October 3, 2019 at 6:30 p.m. – Presentation of McFerrin Park’s Preliminary Draft Policy to the McFerrin Park Neighborhood Association
- October 10, 2019 -- Updated Static Draft posted that includes adjacent McFerrin Park policy
- October 24, 2019 at 4 p.m. – Planning Commission meeting to adopt adjacent McFerrin Park policy into the Dickerson South Study
Planners hosted a design charrette, or workshop, for the community the week of January 28, 2019. Materials from charrette week can be accessed below
July 12 and 24, 2018 - Community Meeting Presentations include an overview and action steps