Applications and Fees
Before applying for a modification,
- Determine if your property is in a MDHA Development District, if so, contact MDHA’s Development Office, 615-252-3750.
- If your property is not in an MDHA Development District, determine if your modification is major or minor by reviewing page 14 of the Downtown Code.
- Contact Eric Hammer, 615-862-7165
The Downtown Code Modification Application covers the following requests.
- Major Modification: $2,800
- Minor Modification: $1,100
Bonus Height Certification: No charge
Developers can apply for bonus height by offering features that go
above and beyond the code, like public and/or underground parking,
pervious surfaces, or LEED certification. Property owners can transfer
bonus height from one site to another single site in Downtown one time.
The receiving site cannot exceed the Bonus Height Maximum in the
Downtown Code. Downtown Code Bonus Height Program Participants
Overall Height Modification: $2,800
Property owners can request additional height beyond what the
Downtown Code or Bonus Height Program offer. The Downtown Code Design
Review Committee or MDHA Design Review Committee makes a recommendation
to the Planning Commission, which may grant additional height for exceptional design like unique
architecture, great streetscape, and context with nearby properties.
Final Site Plan Review: $2,800
Downtown Code Building Permit Review: $250
Zoning Letter: $100
Contact the Planning Department Front Counter 615-862-7190 to request a letter certifying Downtown Code zoning.