Our planners work to create and sustain active, pedestrian-oriented, mixed-use areas, addressing the needs of walkers and cyclists as well as drivers.
Access Nashville 2040
Access Nashville 2040, the transportation component of the NashvilleNext long-range plan, addresses issues of land use, development, mobility, and environmental preservation as it guides public and private investment and planners’ decisions related to the city’s transportation system.
All transportation improvements should:
- Create a place with efficient community form and transportation choices
- Offer meaningful transportation choices
- Sustain and enhance the economy
- Increase safety and resiliency
- Improve human health and the environment
- Ensure financial responsibility
- Make decisions equitably
- Address transportation from a regional perspective