Civil Service Test Dates
(To be scheduled for a Civil Service Test date, you must first apply online.)
- Friday, June 29, 2018
- Saturday, July 14, 2018
- Friday, July 27, 2018
- Saturday, August 11, 2018
- Friday, August 31, 2018
- Saturday, September 15, 2018
- Friday, September 28, 2018
- Saturday, October 13, 2018
- Friday, October 26, 2018
- Saturday, November 3, 2018
- Friday, November 16, 2018
The Civil Service Test consists of a written portion and a physical agility portion.
Civil Service Written Test
The written portion of the test is comprised of four categories:
- Basic Education
- Interpersonal Skills
- Practical Intelligence
- Base all of your answers on the information and guidelines provided in the test.
- Knowledge of police procedures is not needed to answer the questions correctly, but rather look at this test as a common sense approach to answering the questions.
- Attempt to answer every question. If you are unsure of the correct answer, mark the one which you think is the best.
- Read carefully and follow the directions given in the booklet.
- Do not spend too much time on any one question.
- No question is meant to be a "trick" or catch question.
- Interpret words according to their generally accepted meaning.
- Check carefully to be sure that you have not skipped any questions.
- Plan your time so that you complete the examination within the time allowance. You will be told when to start and stop. If you have extra time, check your work.
- Relax and work steadily.
Conversion Chart for Civil Service Test - Written Test
Score = Points
- 94 - 100 = 5
- 86 - 93 = 4
- 78 - 85 = 3
- 70 - 77 = 2
Physical Agility Test
The physical agility portion of the test is comprised of four categories: (The applicant must pass 3 of the 4 components to be considered eligible.)
- 1 minute sit-ups 15 or more = PASS
- 21 push-ups (not timed) = PASS
- 300 meter pursuit run in 77.0 seconds or less = PASS
- 1.5 mile run in 17:17 or less = PASS
- Applicants should keep in mind that these are the minimum standards to proceed in the testing process and that they should strive for the graduation standards which are 1.5 mile run in 14:20 or less, 300 meter pursuit run in 62 seconds or less, 35 or more sit-ups in 1 minute, and 32 push-ups (not timed).
- Applicants should refer to the video below for proper form when performing push-ups and sit-ups.
- Applicants should be aware that all four components of the Physical Agility Test will be conducted in succession with only a few minutes of rest between each.
- Applicants should wear outdoor athletic shoes and clothing.
Conversion Charts for Civil Service and Physical Agility Tests
Your computer must be multimedia capable with audio speakers. The streaming video should play well with a DSL or cable internet connection. 56k or slower modems are not fast enough to stream the video. If you have a dial up connection, consider an alternative such as a public library.
The video portion of the test requires Windows Media Player, version 7.1 or higher.
The points from the written test and the Physical Agility Test are combined. Applicants must have 6 or more points to be placed in the outstanding category and continue the application process.