Civil Service Test Dates
The Civil Service Test consists of a written portion and a physical agility portion. Both tests will be completed in the same day. (To be scheduled for a Civil Service Test date, you must first apply online.)
- Saturday, January 12
- Friday, January 25
- Saturday, February 9
- Friday, February 22
- Saturday, March 16
- Friday, March 29
- Saturday, April 13
- Friday, April 26
- Saturday, May 18
- Friday, May 31
- Saturday, June 15
- Friday, June 28
- Saturday, July 13
- Friday, July 26
- Saturday, August 17
- Friday, August 30
- Saturday, September 14
- Friday, September 27
- Saturdays, October 12
- Friday, October 25
- Saturday, November 9
- Friday, November 22
Civil Service Written Test
The written portion of the test is comprised of four categories:
- Basic Education
- Interpersonal Skills
- Practical Intelligence
- Base all of your answers on the information and guidelines provided in the test.
- Knowledge of police procedures is not needed to answer the questions correctly, but rather look at this test as a common sense approach to answering the questions.
- Attempt to answer every question. If you are unsure of the correct answer, mark the one which you think is the best.
- Read carefully and follow the directions given in the booklet.
- Do not spend too much time on any one question.
- No question is meant to be a "trick" or catch question.
- Interpret words according to their generally accepted meaning.
- Check carefully to be sure that you have not skipped any questions.
- Plan your time so that you complete the examination within the time allowance. You will be told when to start and stop. If you have extra time, check your work.
- Relax and work steadily.
Physical Agility Test
The physical agility portion of the test is comprised of four categories: (The applicant must pass 3 of the 4 components to be considered eligible.)
- 1 minute sit-ups 15 or more = PASS
- 21 push-ups (not timed) = PASS
- 300 meter pursuit run in 77.0 seconds or less = PASS
- 1.5 mile run in 17:17 or less = PASS
- Applicants should keep in mind that these are the entrance standards to proceed in the testing process and that they should strive for the graduation standards which are 1.5 mile run in 14:20 or less, 300 meter pursuit run in 62 seconds or less, 35 or more sit-ups in 1 minute, and 32 push-ups (not timed).
- Applicants should refer to the video below for proper form when performing push-ups and sit-ups.
- Applicants should be aware that all four components of the Physical Agility Test will be conducted in succession with only a few minutes of rest between each.
- Applicants should wear outdoor athletic shoes and clothing.
- Applicants should practice running outdoors in various weather conditions and terrain. Running outdoors is different than running on a treadmill.
Applicants must have 6 or more points to continue the application process.
Written test score values:
- 94 - 100 = 5 points
- 86 - 93 = 4 points
- 78 - 85 = 3 points
- 70 - 77 = 2 points
- Anything below 70 is zero points. Applicant cannot proceed.
Physical agility test score values:
- Did not pass at least 3 of the 4 components = Zero points. Applicant cannot proceed.
- Passed 3 of the 4 components = 4 points
- Passed all 4 components = 5 points