Response and Follow-up by Domestic Violence Detectives
Responses and Follow-up of Domestic Violence Detectives on Assigned Cases
The detective will:
- Photograph any injuries, property damage, or other evidence.
- Ask for any written or taped statements of the incident.
- Collect evidence and reports concerning the incident.
The detective can assist in:
- Obtaining warrants or filing an order of protection.
- Calling or locating a shelter for you and your children’s safety.
- Referral to counseling or other social services.
- Go over a safety plan, which helps you make yourself safer.
- Answering any other questions you have about the process by explaining the prosecution and how it proceeds.
SUPPORT IS JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY (615) 880-3000
Call Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and ask to speak with a counselor.
Next: Resources and Services Available by Domestic Violence Counselors