Helpful Holiday Tips
Christmas is a time of year during which many of us will be busy shopping and running errands in order to be ready for the Holiday Celebration. We must not forget that criminals will also be out and about looking for easy targets to make a big score. Here are some simple tips that can reduce your chances of becoming a victim of crime:
- In parking lots, always be aware of your surroundings
- Don't display large sums of cash. Use credit cards and personal checks whenever possible.
- Always have your car keys in your hand when walking in parking areas.
- When possible, shop with a friend or spouse.
- Most malls provide security personnel to escort you to your vehicle. Don't be ashamed to ask!!
- Never leave valuables in plain view inside your vehicle. This is what many criminals look for, an easy target.
- Always scan the parking lot for suspicious persons or vehicles before you park and exit your vehicle.
- Report all suspicious persons and vehicles to mall security/Metro Police immediately.
- Don't display gifts under your tree from a front window of your home. Although this looks pretty, it can be attractive to would-be thieves.
The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department wishes all a safe and Merry Christmas!