School Crossing Guard Section
The Metro Police School Crossing Guard Section has been responsible for the safekeeping of our children and pedestrians in school zones throughout Davidson County since 1951. Our section currently covers 94 public schools on a daily basis. It is comprised of roughly 202 Guards and 200 school zones. Our Mission is to create the safest environment possible for children in these intersections and thoroughfares. School Crossing Guards must commit themselves to the highest degree of professionalism and responsibility in order to achieve these results while serving the public.
School Crossing Guard responsibilities
- Provide safety to children and pedestrians in designated school zones at elementary and middle schools throughout Davidson County.
- Escort children across the street going to and from school.
- Report license numbers of reckless drivers.
- Report suspicious activity to the Police Department.
Join the School Crossing Guards
View current opening for School Crossing Guards
Our section is currently accepting applications for the position of School Crossing Guard. This profession is an excellent opportunity to provide supplemental income, give back to your community, work with and protect children, and work convenient part-time hours.
- Starting Salary for a School Crossing Guard is $12.14 per hour.
- School Crossing Guards are paid a minimum of three (3) hours per working day.
- School Crossing Guards have Saturdays and Sundays off.
- They are paid for school holidays and snow days.
- Longevity pay is available.
- Uniforms are furnished.
- Training is provided on the job.
- Bonus at the end of the school year.
- Applicants must be over the age of 18 at the time of employment.
- Must present a picture ID and a Social Security card.
- Applicants must have a checking or savings account before being hired. Metro payroll is direct deposit only.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and physical.
- Applicants must be of good moral character and submit three (3) character references with their employment application.
To join our team, please call the Metro Nashville Police School Crossing Guard office at 615-862-7752.
We are currently accepting applications for School Crossing Guards.
The MNPD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.